A moderatly well-written account of a 20-something Canadian woman's experiences in the world. Be warned...this could get personal.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Grey's Anatomy Always Makes Me Cry

So I watch Grey's Anatomy every Thursday night. Coincidentally, every Thursday night, without fail, I cry. I mean this honestly. I cry every Thursday night. Not just a few little tears. Oh no, that would be fine. I get a steady stream of tears a'comin down. It's almost...embarrassing. Except that I watch it alone. So, I don't have to feel embarrassed, because no one else is there to see it. Only now whoever reads this knows. Which...means I SHOULD be embarrassed. However, oddly enough, I am not. It's fantastic. I love how anonymous the Internet can be.

So why did I cry today? If you follow the show, at all, you should know who Denny is. He's this amazing guy that Izzy...well married I guess...and then he died. When I say amazing, I mean it in the strongest sense of the word. I wasn't at all attracted to him when he first came onto the show. But slowly, as we started to see more of his personality come out...I fell deeply in love with him. He became one of the most attractive people on the face of the earth. I was rooting for Izzy and Denny the entire time. When he died, I balled and balled. I was so sad.

Anyways, back to today's crying. So Meredith was "dead" for awhile. She was talking to Denny, and he was telling her that when you die, all you get is moments with the people you love that are still living. As in, you will pass by them in the same space, and they may or may not feel you there, and you may or may not feel THEM there. So the rest of the episode was pretty sad, with Meredith dying, and then FINALLY coming back. I did not cry ONCE during that entire part. I thought, for once, that I was going to make it to the end of an episode without crying.

Then the episode ends with Izzy walking down the hallway. I saw it coming. Suddenly she stopped, dead in her tracks. And there was Denny...brushing shoulders with her. She paused, and you KNOW she knew Denny was there. In spirit. Cue the waterworks.

Why did that make me cry?! I'll tell you why. It made me want to have that kind of connection with someone. Well, someone alive. I don't know. I'm such a hopeless romantic, and a total dork. And, if you couldn't already tell, I am a bit of a crybaby.

But I'm also tough, dammit. Grrrr.

No comments: