A moderatly well-written account of a 20-something Canadian woman's experiences in the world. Be warned...this could get personal.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

On Rocking The Young Vote

So things with K just took a step forward. Last Friday, I was sitting on the front porch with Sheena, Holly, Meaghan, Daxton, and Zach. We're all drinking, and planning on hitting up the Mug at 11. Ten o'clock rolls around, and Sheena gets a call on her cell phone. It's K, and he's asking for me.
"Hey gorgeous," he says.
I swoon, instantly.
He asks me what I am doing, and I tell him that I'm drinking on the porch, and then planning on going to the Mug.
"Boo....we're going to Julianna's in Woodstock, and I wanted to know if you wanted to come with me?"
HELLS YAH I DO! I thought. Of course, I had to contain my glee, so I calmly told him I was down with that.
Thirty minutes later, he pulls up with a friend in this gorgeous truck (the friends), and we go to his friends place to have some more drinks.
I ended up playing pool with some of his friends, while he played Uker (how do you SPELL that??!) with some more. After two games of pool, I go sit on the edge of the couch he's sitting on. Their game is ongoing. He motions for me to sit beside him, so I move myself, and settle by his side. He rests an arm on my leg while he plays, rubbing my knee. I am in heaven. After they complete the game, we pile into a car, and the hosts mother drives us to Woodstock.

The entire way there, we make out. Don't be too grossed out; the van was full of two other couples, who were heavy petting way harder than our modest making out.

When we got to the bar, it was pretty dead, which was a bit of a bummer. Regardless, the drinks were $2.50, so we all got slammed, danced, and had a good time. At the end of the night, one of the girls mother, who happened to be at the bar, drove us home. We made out the entire ride home as well.

We got dropped off at K's house. His parents, luckily, were out of town for the long weekend. I stayed the night. Use your imagination. ;)

Saturday night I went to a friends BBQ just outside Port Burwell. This was a pretty fun outing as well, despite the fact that I didn't get drunk. I also managed to have a very eye-opening conversation with Aron and Brodie, Adam's two best friends. We had a chat about how we all wished that Adam and I could reconcile and be able to hang out as a group. They told me that they knew I was mature and "cool" now, and that they wouldn't have invited me to the party if they thought otherwise. I told them that (and this is the truth, I swear) I had no interest in Adam anymore. I admitted that I WILL always love him, but I am not IN love with him. I love him, but I don't want to be with him. They responded by saying that Adam didn't have any problems with me personally, but that he avoided me because Shona (his girlfriend) is uncomfortable with me being around his friends or him. Brodie and Aron both expressed concern for Shona feeling that way, saying they think she should get over it, because she is the only thing holding us all back from being friends. I told them that I wished I could just sit down with Adam and Shona and sort the whole thing out. Lay it all out on the table. Aron said he "could arrange it", and seemed to hope it would happen that night. Unfortunately Adam hadn't showed up by 11, and that was when we decided to leave the party. Ah well, perhaps they talked to him when he arrived, and maybe things will start to get better from here-on-in.

Sunday night Sheena, Holly, her brother Nick, and I went to the Turkey Point hotel. It had been my first night there, and I was fairly impressed with the place. It is quite large, and can hold a lot of people. It also drew in a large crowd of rather hot men. Mmmm. This could be an interesting place to go, come the dog days of summer. However, we didn't stay long, because it was cold. Twelve o'clock came around, and Sheena and Holly decided they wanted to leave. At first, I was annoyed to leave that early, but I was drunk, and blame my weird mood on that. On the way home, for some reason we started to sing "I'm a tumor, I'm a tumor" ala Family Guy. We thought it was hilarious, so we decided to text a bunch of random people and say that. We also left some messages on voicemail. I told Sheena to text K, which she did. He replied with "WTF!?"
Feeling this was my chance, I texted him back from my phone saying "My sister is drunk...and apparently a tumor"
"Krista?" he replied (I wasn't in his phone yet)
This led to a lengthy text conversation, in which he mentioned that he had people over, and was drinking on his patio.
"I'm jealous," I said, "There's nothing better than drinks on the patio"
"Come over" was his reply
"I can..." I said.
He then kind of flip-flopped, saying that maybe it wasn't a great idea, because his parents would be home in the morning. I replied that that was cool, and that I'd just go home. I ended it with "It's all good", trying to be as cool as possible.
A few minutes later I get a text: "Kinda wanted you to come tho, so we could hang :("
Confused, I ask him whether or not he wants me to come, and he says he does...so I ask my brother his advice on the flip-flopping texts, and he grins at me saying "He wants you to come...just go!"
My brother drives me over, and I end up hanging out with K and his friends until 5 in the morning. Tired, I ask him if I can sleep in his bed for awhile. He takes my hand, and we go up together. Use your imagination for the rest.

I should, however, mention something that he said after our....sexy times....he said, and I quote, "That was....the best I've ever had, and I am NOT just saying that!"

Awyeah, that's what I'm talking about. It was pretty good, I must admit. I definitely would like more of that to take place. He also drunkenly told me that I had a gorgeous body, and that he...umm....does his own business...to it. Then he asked me if that was gross, to which I replied that it was hot. I dig it. At least it's me, and not some other broad. Score one for Krista.

So, as you can see, I feel like things are going pretty well with my young man. I am definitely interested in him, a lot. I am hoping that things progress. We shall see. I will, as always, keep you posted.

Cheers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Look at you go haha!! We will have to have an msn chat or two tomorrow!!!! Love you