A moderatly well-written account of a 20-something Canadian woman's experiences in the world. Be warned...this could get personal.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

On London Calling and Twelveteens

Well, I haven't blogged in awhile, so I figured it was about time I made my way on here. I'm not really in the mood to type a long diatribe, but I will do my best to provide a brief update. Admittedly, I should have re-read my last posted blog, to find out where I left off, but failing to do so I will launch myself into where I think I left off...

So I had decided to officially cut G out of the picture a few weeks back. Unluckily for me, he wasn't on the same page. He kept texting me, and trying to talk to me on MSN. For the most part, I ignored him. A few times, I replied, with rather short answers and responses. I figured he got the point, that I was avoiding him...but he certainly did not. In fact, last Friday he called me trying to convince me to go to this party with him on Saturday. I obviously did not want to see him, so I gave him every excuse in the book for not going. My prime reason wasn't even an excuse; I was having people over Saturday night, because my friend Christine was coming down for the night. He kept trying, and I kept evading. My sister and our friend Holly were in the background the entire time, and were none too pleased that I was entertaining this conversation. Finally they started yelling profanities in the background. G, unable to hear what they said, started to ask what they were saying. I told him it was just Sheena and Holly, and his response was "Oh. Tell China [referring to my sister] that I'll wrestle with her later, and tell Holly to jump on a treadmill for awhile..."

Whoa. Buddy. Big mistake.
"Excuse me...did you just insult my SISTER and my FRIEND?" I asked, indignantly.
"Well, they're insulting me..." he said.
"Actually, they're not...they just don't want me on the phone with you...neither do I," I replied. And then I hung up. Man, was I glad to be done with that.
Five seconds later, I get a text that reads "Hey wave to us".
Unsure of what he meant, I showed the girls, and we entertained the idea that he was somehow watching is at that exact moment. Then I realized that he was likely trying to say "wave goodbye to us", but was too stupid to get the phrase out right. Idiot. I had waved goodbye to you weeks ago, you just didn't notice.

Anyways, we went out that night, and I ran into K, my newest crush. I should mention to you that this young buck is, quite literally, young. He's twenty. I'm twenty-three (twenty-four in September). I don't see this as a problem, but my friends never fail to razz me about it. They call him a "twelveteen". It's kind of funny, and yet not really! Anyways, he was at the bar, so we chatted it up, and got our flirt on.

The following night, I saw him out again. He came right to my table, and sat with me. We were around each other for the rest of the night. I got wobbled. I started to rub his leg. He started to rub mine. We came back here, and had an intense makeout-fest. It was awesome. I am totally crushin on this boy. He seems like a nice guy, and he's cute as hell. We'll see how it goes.

Anyways, on a none-guy-related noted, I have an interview to teach in England the end of May. I've been talking to this one guy at a recruitment company for a few weeks now, working on getting some paperwork done. I'm not sure if I want to go...but I am going through the motions. I mean...on the one hand, I would love to have the opportunity to go to England, and experience European culture firsthand. I know it would be an amazing experience. I am also excited about the prospect of meeting a really sexy Englishman...I mean, that accent is enough to make me swoon. Plus, they'd think my accent was sexy (or at least different), and I'm guessing I could really clean up over there. However, I am nervous at the initial expense, nervous about leaving my friends and family, and nervous about having to leave my kitty. It's very scary, to think about going that far away totally alone. At least when I went to Thunder Bay I knew Alicia was going to be there. This time, it would be Krista on her own. That's a scary thought.

Anyways, I should go watch my dinner...I burnt it once already (but saved it with peanut butter...ask me what I made, and you will laugh your ass off that peanut butter fixed it) and I don't want to do it again.

I'll update the situation later.

Oh, and P.S. I will be running into Adam this weekend. I'm unsure of how that will pan out. I saw him on the weekend, and was overwhelmed with a bunch of different emotions, one of them being total love for him. Again, I will keep you posted on the goings on.

No comments: