A moderatly well-written account of a 20-something Canadian woman's experiences in the world. Be warned...this could get personal.

Monday, March 10, 2008

On Being Home


Well, here I am. I am finally back home. After two months, plus a week, of back breaking labour and mind bending thought manipulations, I am free from the institution that is post secondary education. Yes, it is true. I am a two time University graduate. Not officially, for the second degree, but it's a mere five week placement away. The only thing stopping me is if I fuck up my placement. We all know that won't happen, though. That Bachelor of Education degree is as good as mine. Which means that my licence is within reach. What a joyous day. I am also immensely pleased to be rid of Thunder Bay forever. I don't think I will ever make the trek back into that shit hole of a city. Not if I can help it, anyways. It didn't do anything for me.

Admittedly, I miss a few people. I miss Alicia, since I did spend a lot of time living and schooling with her. I also miss Mike and Giang. They were pretty awesome, and I will definitely miss Mike's phenomenal cooking abilities. He's the most talented man I've ever seen handle food. I'll miss Steph, and maybe Sebastian a little, and Adam, and Cameron....and that's about it. The good news is I can finally get over my silly little crush on C.....if you can't figure out who C is, by the way, you're mental. Anyways. I will likely never see any of them again, aside from Steph and Alicia. The guys...never again. If I'm honest with myself, I know I won't see them. It's unlikely. Unless we miraculously end up working at the same school some day.

Anyways, I digress. I'm not really in the mood to write today, I just wanted to make it clear that I was finally out of Thunder Bay, and back home. It's been a glorious few days. I am relieved to be in familiar surroundings again. Now I just have to meet a cute local cowboy, to sweep me off my feet.

Think it can be done? We shall see.

Cheers

No comments: