A moderatly well-written account of a 20-something Canadian woman's experiences in the world. Be warned...this could get personal.

Monday, June 23, 2008

On The Good Times and the Bad

This weekend was a mixture of both good and bad.

Friday night was deemed Ladies Night, so Sheena, Holly and I headed over to our friend Meaghans to have some fruity drinks before hitting the pub. We started drinking around 8, and by 10:30 I was feeling pretty buzzed. So I did the only logical thing, and I texted K. We got our text message flirt on, and I let slip (on purpose) that my parents were out of town for the night. With this knowledge in mind, he proposed that we meet up later in the night for a throwdown, which I was more than willing to agree too. So all the ladies pack into Meaghans car, which she has named Hank, and we head downtown.

Well...downtown is a total letdown. It's deader than I have ever seen it. There were maybe 10 people in the pub, which is usually pretty jamming. I quickly text K and tell him not to bother going downtown, since it's boring as hell. He texts me back, inviting me to come hang out with him and his buddies for awhile. My sister, meanwhile, has met up with her twenty-something play toy, and is more than happy to leave me to my own devices. Apparently I wasn't the only one who wanted to take advantage of the absense of the parentals. (Isn't it sad that we're in our mid twenties and have to have secret rendevous when our parents aren't home?!)

So I hop a cab to where K is, and join in the drinking going on there. After about an hour, I wink at K, and he suggests we call a cab. Ten minutes later, we're back at my place, rushing upstairs to my room. I push him onto my bed, and promptly tell him to undress. He protests, saying that I should undress first, so I do. Then I repeat that he MUST undress....
"My house, my rules" I say, as sexily as I can.
I'll spare you the rest of the steamy details, except to say that it was well worth the two week wait. ;)

After, we're laying in my bed, talking. It's so carefree and easy to talk to him, and we talk about just about everything, for about another hour. Then he starts to doze off, so I let him. At about 5am (this is a guess) I feel him wrap his arms around me, and he starts to kiss me on the neck. I turn around, and he kisses me on the mouth, which leads to the most impromptu round two I've had in awhile! It was kinda nice. After, we sleep again until my alarm goes off at 6:45...he had to work Saturday morning, so I took him to work, and then came back home to go to bed. All in all, it was a pretty solid evening.

Saturday night was the wedding. He calls me at 5, saying he will be at my house momentarily. Luckily I was ready for him! And, I thought, I was looking quite pretty. So we head to the LCBO, where I help him pick out a bottle of wine for the bride and groom, and then we head to the wedding. It was the most casual wedding I have ever been to, and I can sadly admit that I was the most overdressed person there...and I was only in a 35 dollar dress! However, the high heels really put me over the top. How embarrassing. Luckily for me, K's two girl friends that were there were also wearing dresses (with flats), so I wasn't totally out in left field. Drinking started right after, which was around 7. Everyone proceeded to get shit faced at an alarming rate, myself included. We were all sitting in a circle, chatting away, when I heard someone say to K "Is SHE with YOU?"
"Yah man..." I heard K reply.
Turning around, I state that I can hear them talking about me.
The unknown guy laughs and says, "Sorry, I just couldn't believe that K could get someone as hot as you to date him....I mean....wow"
I blushed, and K beamed. This seems to be a standard thing around here.
I turned away at this point, to let the two boys debate my hotness, and to let K gloat a bit in his being able to obtain me.

At around 9, Candice and her man Eric disappeared. She returned a half hour later, laughing that her and Eric just had sex in his truck, and immediatly after he had to throw up outside. He ended up driving home (bad idea, because he was slammed) to sleep it off. We didn't see him for the rest of the night. Meanwhile, K wasn't doing much better himself. It also started to rain. Did I mention it was an outdoor wedding, with no tent? Yah. So everyone tried to huddle around the ONE small patio umbrella that was around. Lucky for me, K had snagged a seat directly under it, and he motioned for me to come sit on his lap and stay dry. So I happily sat on his lap for awhile, while he rubbed my back.

After awhile, the rain let up, so we went and sat on a swinging chair. K motions for me to come in for a whisper, and tells me that he's seeing double, and he wants to go lay down for awhile. It's about 9:45 at this point. Concerned, I ask him if he wants to lay down in his friend McKenna's car. He nods. I get the keys, and take him to the car. He lays down in the back seat, and tells me to come wake him up in an hour.

An hour and a half goes by, and I go to check on him. He says he still feels like he is going to throw up, and he is still dead tired. He says he was up late with me the night before, and it's hitting him hard. I feel bad, so I climb into the back with him and let him rest his head on my lap. I rub his back, and run my fingers through his hair until he falls asleep. Then I sit there, wondering what to do for about half an hour. Eventually, McKenna comes, thinking we're doing shit in his car. He's happy to see that we're not, ha ha! Eventually he gets me to come out of the car, and I return to drink until around 11:30. Then Candice decides she wants to go downtown. Thinking this is my opportunity to wake up K, I agree. So we head to McKenna's car, and drive to where Kyle's car is parked (I need to get my ID from his car). K gets out, saying he just wants to keep sleeping in his van. I try to convince him to come out, even for a little while, but he keeps saying he is just so tired. He really does look exhausted, and I feel bad because I am the reason he was up so late. He hugs me, kisses me, and tells me he's sorry, but that he just really needs to sleep. So I grab my purse, give him a peck, and then storm off saying "FINE" in that loud, angry girl voice that we all get. The one where its not really fine, but the guy is so stupid he thinks it is. So he gets into the van, and we head downtown.

Well...I can't have a good time downtown, cuz I just miss K, and I'm kinda pissed that I didn't get to hang out with him much due to his drunkeness/tiredness. All of his guy friends razz him in his absense, calling him a pussy, and moaning about how he left his pretty girlfriend high and dry. A few of them try to call him, but either he turned off his phone, or it died. It turned out to be the latter. Anyways, at 1:30 I figure I'd had enough. I ask McKenna if he will drop me off at Kyle's van, so I can check on him before going home. He agrees. As we get to the van, he asks me if I want him to stick around until I'm done, or if I will be okay. I tell him to take off, cuz I'm not sure how long K might need me to stay...if he's getting sick, I don't want to leave him. So I wave goodbye to McKenna and head towards the van.

When I open the door, I can't see K.
"K?" I call into the darkness.
Nothing.
"K? Are you okay?!?!" I ask, a bit louder.
I hear a mumble of yes.
"Do you want me to take you home? I can drive now..."
A mumble of no.
"Do you want anything? Water? Food? A blanket? Pillow?"
Another mumble of no.
"Okay...." I pause for about two minutes, unsure of what to do. "I'm...going to walk home now..." I say tentatively.
I hear him move, and then hear him mumble something...but I can't make it out. I close the door, cursing under my breath, and walk home.

The next day, I have a bit of a freak out, because I texted him in the morning asking how he was, and get nothing. That's not like him. He always has his cell on him, and is prompt in his replies. I start thinking of all the bad things that could happen...like maybe he's mad that I was too nice, or thinks I'm clingy for going to check on him...or any number of things. Eventually I find out his battery died....so it was stupid to worry. He finally texts me at 9pm and says he is sorry for last night. I tell him it's not a big deal.

All is well.

I'm hoping to see him Friday night, since Saturday night I will be in Guelph and he will be in London. It's a shame he can't come with me to Guelph, because I really wanted him to meet Andie, Rachelle, and my other friends, and this would probably be the only opportunity for that. Oh well...I guess it wasn't meant to happen.

That's all for now!

Cheers!

No comments: