A moderatly well-written account of a 20-something Canadian woman's experiences in the world. Be warned...this could get personal.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

On Being Bloody Hot

I don't mean looks-wise hot either. I mean temperature wise hot. The weather here is bloody awful lately. A heat wave is going through, and its absolutely awful. Makes me want to die, sometimes. I am a sweaty girl, so I don't just glow, I glisten. I drip. The sweat beads down my breasts and back, like a fat kid. It's nasty, and very very unpleasant. I also worry about how unattractive it makes me. I can't imagine any man feeling sexual desire for a woman who is flushed and sweaty. The classic sweat stains on the back of the shirt doesn't scream "DO ME" to anyone I know of. I certainly don't find it attractive on men, so I can only imagine the damage it does to my own sexual appeal.

I often fight the sweatiness as much as I can. I wear as little as possible. I stick to cotton only. I stand in front of fans. I move around as little as possible. I do not exert myself, in any way. Despite all this, I still sweat. It's horribly embarrassing.

I honestly wouldn't mind the temperature either, if it wasn't so damn humid out. The humidity is what really drains me; it really gets my sweat glands working in overdrive. It's disgusting when you can feel the heaviness of the air on your skin. Currently, I am laying in my bed, with a floor fan and a ceiling fan beating down on me, and all I can feel is hot, damp, heavy air being circulated around my body. It clings to my legs, and whips my hair lamely against my face. It's not at all cooling, and I am wondering whether or not to just turn it all off. Maybe if I let the air stagnate around me, it wouldn't feel as sticky hot. Or maybe it would be worse. It's so hard for me to judge.

Anyways, I really didn't want to rant on endlessly about the heat. It's kind of lame when people can only talk about the weather. I can't help but wonder if there isn't something more exciting people can discuses. Sorry for inflicting a weather rant on you.

Cheers.

No comments: