A moderatly well-written account of a 20-something Canadian woman's experiences in the world. Be warned...this could get personal.

Monday, August 11, 2008

On Drama For Your Mama

So lately I've been inviting M to hang out with the Tills gang. It's been going well, just having a fun time. Saturday, Matty had a party, and we all invited M to come along. Unfortunatly it piss poured, so instead of enjoying some bevy's on Matts gorgeous patio, we ended up hunkering down in the basement, and played Kings. I wasn't too keen on drinking, so I must admit that I faked most of my sips. As everyone else started to get drunk, they really failed to notice I was cheating, which was fine by me.

At around 11:30, we went downtown. First we went to the Mug, and then headed over to the Royal. I walked in with Christine's man Paul and M. I was hoping and praying that K wouldn't be there, but my praryers went unhedded, and I immediatly saw K playing pool with his buddies. M and Paul, being good friends with that crowd, stopped to greet everyone. The girls came up to me, to chat. Britt, the one that I thought hated me, came up, hugged me, and said "Krista! I haven't seen you in forever!". Then she paused, before adding "You WOULD come in with M!"
She tried to laugh it off, but I was instantly cautious of what she had said.
"I came with Paul too..." I said, my voice dripping with anger.
She tried to laugh it off, but I think my disapproval of her comment was visible, because she quickly escaped. I turned to my right, and chatted up one of the boys half heartedly, as I tried to work out what she had meant.

Meanwhile, K was avoiding eye contact with me, which was extrememly awkward. I decided to sit down, so I found a booth and had a seat. M and Paul came and joined me. After awhile, K walked by and M got his attention with a wave. K came and sat with us, winking at me. As he chatted with M, his hand reached under the table to grab my leg. I was shocked, unsure of what to make of it. K quickly excused himself to return to his pool game,and winked at me when he left. Frustrated, I went out for a smoke (something I rarely do, but I wanted an excuse to go outside alone).

I wasn't even out there for a minute, when K followed me. He too lit a smoke, and started chatting me up; asking when I was leaving, and that sort of thing. Then he asked me why I hadn't talked to him the past few weeks. I asked him the same question back, and he replied that he thought I hated him. I assured him that I didn't, and he said the same. Things seemed to be all right. Then he started to get a bit handsy, which put me in an awkward postion. M, Paul, and Sheena came out for a smoke, and we all stood in an awkward circle. I wasn't sure what to do. K got even more bold and flirty, in M's presence, and I realized what he was trying to do. As the others left, K held me back, and asked me to kiss him. I tried to laugh it off, but he pulled my sweater, causing me to lean into him, and kissed me on the lips.

I was shocked, and terribly confused. All my past feelings for him came flooding back in an instant. I still find him ridiculously attractive, so it wasn't easy for me to resist him. A part of me really wanted to take him back and ravish him. Another part of me wanted to hurl. It was so conflicting. I walked back into the bar, with K trailing after me. I tried to ignore him though, and eventually he left me to my own devices.

After stewing in my emotions for about half an hour, I decided to leave. I grabbed Paul, Sheena and M, and we made the trek back to my place. For the record, nothing happend with M and I that night, as he passed out on the couch.

I did,however drunkenly text K as I was laying in bed.
"You better come to my party! It's going to be hella good times!" I said.
"I will. Me and you should hook up one last time before you leave" he replied.
"That could be arranged..." I sent back.

In the morning, I regretted that last text....it was mostly the result of conflicting emotions within myself. However, I talked to Paul about it, and he really made me realize that K is an asshole who only wants what he can't have...and for the limited amount of time I have left, M is the best choice. He's a much nicer guy, all around.

I will try my hardest to resist K this weekend, should he show up and try to follow through.

Wish me luck!

No comments: