A moderatly well-written account of a 20-something Canadian woman's experiences in the world. Be warned...this could get personal.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

On The Finishing Touches

Yesterday I recieved my Great Britain Pounds, and I must admit they are nothing like I had imagined. They are so FAT! I mean, they are considerably bigger and wider than Canadian money. They are colourful, more colourful than American money, but not nearly as colourful as Canadian money. They also have pretty much all the same security features we have. I just can't get over the fatness of the bills! I tried to fit them into my wallet, and they simply would not fit! That is to say, they fit to a certain extent, but they folded over slightly at the tops...too wide! Makes me wonder if they make wallets bigger in England? I will definitely have to investigate that once I arrive.

I'm starting to get slightly nervous now, about the housing arrangement, or lack thereof. I have some appointments lined up, but I'm still afraid none of those will fall through. However, I keep reminding myself that once I get there it will be very easy to find a place; I will just look in the local newspapers, or perhaps wander around Swavesey or St. Ives, looking for "For Rent" signs. Or would they have "For Let" signs?! They do call renting "letting", after all. I just have to keep thinking positively, and hope that finding a decent, not overly expensive place to live won't be too hard. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

I worked one of my last shifts at Sobeys today. It made me want to kill myself, because this old bitch who has it out for me made me go get carts. If you've never worked in a grocery store, you don't know what a hassle it is to get carts. I don't think there is any time of the year that would be decent for getting carts. In the winter it'd be cold and snowy (and therefore hard to manouver), and in the summer its hot and sweaty. I came in fourty-five minutes later sweatingly like a man, and likely smelling like one too. I scowled at the old bat, as I wiped the sweat off my forehead. I was waiting for her to make some snarky comment about my red cheeks and damp body, but she just ignored me. It's probably for the better, since any comment from her would have recieved an even colder response from myself.

Anyways...at this point I've not nothing new to report, so I am going to call it quits now.

Cheers!

No comments: