A moderatly well-written account of a 20-something Canadian woman's experiences in the world. Be warned...this could get personal.

Friday, August 15, 2008

On Suspicions Being Confirmed

So I hung out with M last night. Before you start jumping to conclusions, slow down. It wasn't a two-per date; Dane was there! Anyways, we went to Kelsey's and had some beers, while shooting the shit. It was cheap pitcher night, so there was quite a young crowd there; I knew most of the people in attendance. It was a pretty carefree, casual thing, with chit chatting and laughing. Holly and Matt stopped by briefly, to give me a parting gift and card. The card was so sweet, and I almost wanted to cry. Inside was some money, which went a long way in paying for all but 4 dollars of my new hair colour (THANK YOU MATT AND HOLLY! Love you guys! Mean it!). I'd be lying if I didn't say it took a bit of strength to hold in the tears! I managed it though, so all was well. They didn't stay long though, because they both had to work in the morning.

At one point during our stay at Kelsy's, M's phone rings. It's K's best bud, R. I guess M had invited him out for drinks, and he was just checking to see what the situation was. He must have asked who was in attendance thus far, because M listed off both Dane and I. A few minutes later he hung up, saying that R and some people were headed our way. Fine by me....

However, time passes, and an hour later they still hadn't shown up. We all were a bit miffed, but we didn't really think a lot of it. Since drinking at the restaurant can be pricey, we decided to go back to M's house and have some beers on his back patio. Once we get there, we find out from M's dad that R had stopped by looking for M, with a carload of people. This must have been just before the call. We pondered amongst ourselves why they never followed through on coming to the bar, when it suddenly dawned on me...it was highly likely that they didn't join us because I was in attendance. Chances are high that K was in the car with R, and at the mention of my presence, he likely balked at being in that awkward situation. Frankly, I am glad he didn't show up. It would have been very awkward indeed.

Anyways, I commented on my likely role in their inability to show up, which lead to a discussion of K and myself, and how the FUCK I ever ended up liking that ass-clown. I shook my head, and was at a loss of words. Then M dropped a bit of a bomb on me...

"So yah...last weekend at the bar, K came up to me and said that you made out with him outside. He wanted to 'warn' me..."
I stared at him, dumbfounded, for a moment.
"I KNEW he was going to do that, I KNEW it!" I said. "The moment I saw him when we came into the bar, I could tell he was pissed that I came with you...and I KNEW he would try to cause shit, just to see what he could get away with. I KNEW it...."
"So...you didn't?" M ventured tentatively. "I mean...I can't really care, I don't really care.....[I feel I must note that clearly he DID care somewhat...but anyways], but I definitely was like wtf when he told me...."
"Pfft...do you want the truth?! This is what happened....you know that first time we all went out for a smoke and he came out too? When you guys went back in, he held me back and asked me to kiss him. Then he basically made me kiss him on the lips...but it was not making out, and it was not something I willingly went for or took part in! HE tried to kiss ME...."
M shook his head, laughing.
"Honestly, I don't have any reason to lie to you...and that's the straight up truth," I said.
"Oh I believe you...that's like K, to do something like that," he replied.
"I can't believe he would go to you and say that...Well actually, I KNEW he was going to do something like that. I knew he'd try to put it on me...but the truth of the matter is he came on to me....and then after that I was so standoffish all night, because I just did not want ANY more drama...standoffish to you AND him, in case you didn't notice that..."
"I definitely noticed you get a little distant, but it makes sense now, "he said.
So we discussed the little white lie, and decided that K just wanted to cause trouble...what a little prick!
Then M told me that he had invited R and a bunch of people to come drinking with us that night, and that he had SPECIFICALLY requested that K not come, for the very reason of his knowing he'd cause shit. I feel I should mention now that NEITHER M nor myself has a problem with K. We just have a problem with the way he treats people, specifically girls, and more specifically me. It's just retarded. I don't understand what he hoped to gain by going to M and telling him that I'd "made out" with him outside...under M's very nose. It's not as if M and I are seriously dating, or anything of the sort. K knows as well as anyone else that I am England-bound in a week (two weeks at the time of the incident). Why he felt the need to cause shit is beyond me. I'm just going to chalk it up to his immaturity, and the fact that deep down he doesn't want anyone else to have me, in any capacity.

Anyways, we really only discussed the situation for about 20 minutes, and then it was off the table for the rest of the night. Dane left at around 11:30, so M and I just kinda sat around and shot the shit, while having a few more bevy's. It was a pretty solid night. Then he walked me home, and that's the end of that.

I still feel like an ass for trying to date K all those months ago...what a stupid waste of time THAT was...I would have been better served to pursue M. Ah well, perhaps it's best that I didn't, because if we had have dated, it would have made leaving that much harder. As it stands, leaving is going to be hard enough, but it won't be heart-wrenching; at least not romantically. Though it is unfortunate that I "meet" a genuine nice guy on the eve of my departure, that's life for ya.

Always a son-of-a-bitch.

Cheers.

No comments: