A moderatly well-written account of a 20-something Canadian woman's experiences in the world. Be warned...this could get personal.

Monday, August 4, 2008

On Man Drama

So this weekend was the August Long Weekend, though it wasn't very long for me. It was, however, quite fun.

Friday night my parents were still off camping, so my sister and I took advantage by hosting a shindig. We invited as many people as we could, and a good number actually did show up. Before the party really started to happen, it was just the "gang" of Sheena, Holly, Matt and I. We were all joking around, and I mentioned that I would have to hit on someone in front of Josh, if I had any hopes of crushing him enough to make him stop liking me. Holly mentioned that I should hit on one of K's friends, M, because she knew I had always had a little bit of a crush on him. Matty jumped in, saying that he thought it was an excellent idea, and he would text M to see if he was doing anything. At first I was against the idea, but slowly it started to gain on me. Why not invite M, get a little shameless flirting in with a very cute guy?! So I gave Matty the go ahead. We all got to talking, and didn't hear back right away. The mosquito's started to get annoying at this point, and seeing that we didn't have any Power Pads left, I volunteered to walk to Shoppers to pick some up, so that we wouldn't get eaten alive. When I returned, I noticed that M's car was in the driveway. I mentally thanked Matt, and walked into the house.

There he was, sitting on a stool! I smiled at him, and asked him if he wanted a beer. At first he refused, saying he couldn't stay long, since he had to work in the morning. After a few gentle verbal prods, however, he changed his mind, and I fetched him a beer from the basement. After that, the party really started to pick up, and I started to get tipsy, and hence bolder. My flirting got dangerously out of control, and I started to focus in on M like he was the only one at the party. At around 10:30, Nick and Josh showed up. I gave Nick a hug, as is our custom, but didn't pay any attention to Josh. I continued to rain flirtations down on M. I could tell that Josh was getting ticked off, but this is exactly what I had wanted. The kid needed to get a dose of reality; I was not, and never would be, interested in him. Whatever happened between us was a fluke occurrence, and not something I wanted to pursue.

At one point, Sheena took me aside and told me that Josh was outside flipping out, throwing around beer bottles and cursing about how I was "flirting" with Matt's buddy. At one point he stalked me into the bathroom, and tried to confront me as I left. However, I spun past him, merely saying "He's just a friend, get over it". What I should have said was "You're just a friend, get over it". Anyways, everyone else wanted to go downtown, but Matt, Holly, Ethan, M and I decided downtown wasn't for us. So we all stuck around at my house, drinking, chatting, and flirting. At around one, M got up to leave, and I walked him to the door. Nothing happened, and he took off. I was slightly bummed, but meh, what can you do!

The following day, I get MORE MSN messages from Josh, where he again poured his heart out to me. He said he was hurt at seeing me flirt so shamelessly with another guy. Then he again asked me what I felt towards him. At this point, it was starting to get very grating to me. His constant whining and bitching was making me not want to spend ANY time around him, in any fashion. I decided at that moment to avoid being around him, at all costs. If he was going to be at a party somewhere, I would make sure not to attend. Thank god I only have a few weeks left here, and that won't be hard. Anyways, after him incessantly asking me what I thought about him and about "us" I had to stop being nice, and start being nasty. I told him in no uncertain terms that I was never interested in dating him, and that even if I wasn't leavin for England I would never date him. I told him I was not interested in him beyond a friend AT ALL, and that with his present actions even THAT was questionable. I also, rather bluntly, told him that he had been in the right place at the right time, and that whatever had happened had meant nothing to me. I know I made him cry again, though he didn't admit it this time, but I don't really care. I can't help but think of him as a total loser now. He annoys me to no end, and is one of those creepy whiny guys you hear about, but never want to meet. He's a crybaby loser, and isn't near good enough for me. Thank god I can wash my hands of him now. YUCK. The whole thing sends shivers down my spine. That's one number I will not count as real on my counter, because it's just too damn embarrassing.

Anyways.....The next day, while I was at work, I get a text message from Holly. I call her back on my break, only to find out that someone from my party told M's ex-girlfriend that he had been at my party, and the stories were escalating to the point where it was being said we had had sex upstairs while everyone was at the party. SO DID NOT HAPPEN! Anyways, I had invited M to come to a party Saturday night with me, and was afraid that this garbage was going to prevent him from coming. However, Holly said Matt was working on him, so I was content with that.

I got done work at 10, and drove out to the party. When I got there, I saw my tent was set up, which was a good thing. Also, M was there! He had brought two friends with him, which was just peachy keen! At first, he was pulling another nancy, and was intent on not stayin over for the night. He said, again, that he had to work in the morning, and besides he "had nowhere to crash". I scoffed at this, and told him he could share my tent with me.
"I won't even try to do anything...honest. Although, if it's already being said...."
He laughed, and then agreed to stay.
At that point, the drinking began in earnest.

It ended up being a really fun night! I got drunker than I have been in awhile. Once everyone started to peter out, I grabbed his hand and lead him to my tent. The rest, as they say, is history. Needless to say, the rumours (at least part of them) came true Saturday night.

Anyways, he's a much nicer guy than K ever was. It kind of sucks that a) I didn't put the effort into HIM first, instead of K and b) that I am leaving for England. I always meet the nice boys at the wrong time. It was kind of funny though, because he drunkenly told me that he never understood why I was with K, since he's "a bit of a douchebag, especially to girls" and that he "didn't treat me nearly as good as I deserved to be treated". As he got drunker, he even ventured so far as to say that he wished he could beat the crap out of K for me, for treating me like trash. It was rather adorable, and I had a nice little smug giggle about it. What a nice boy!

Alright, well that's it for now!

Cheers!

No comments: