A moderatly well-written account of a 20-something Canadian woman's experiences in the world. Be warned...this could get personal.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

On SERIOUSLY Being Done Looking


I've said this a million times before, but I think for the first time in my entire life I am NOT looking for ANYTHING, man-wise. I was sitting on the bus, on my way home from the field trip yesterday, and I realized that I'm not really in a bad place, being "alone". Okay, so sometimes it gets kind of lonely when I see a cute couple snuggling, or when I hear girl friends talk about their love lives, but its nothing that I can't handle. I should just get back to my "bad girl", "man eating" ways of last year...minus the actual man eating. I don't want any more short-lived relationships. I'd rather have none at all, than a series of meaningless flings. I've also decided that, as fun as male attention can be, its not nearly as fun when it ends when the sun rises. As such, I'm going to avoid all varieties of meaningless run-ins with men. That means that I am not going to actively pursue ANY man.
This isn't to say that I will stop flirting; I think flirting is both in my nature and extremely hard to stop doing. So I think that flirting is allowed, and perfectly harmless.

If a guy is really interested in me, he will actively pursue ME. So that's what I am going to do. I'm going to sit back, and allow my man to come to me.

Maybe now that I am done looking, he'll finally make an appearance. However, I seriously doubt that he's up here in Thunder Bay; he's likely somewhere down South...perhaps teaching already. Maybe I will meet him on one of my supply jobs. Or maybe he's not a teacher at all. It doesn't really matter. I'm just saying that the probability that he's down South is much higher. AAaaanyways, I didn't want to get into this mindless blather....

...I just wanted to make an official statement that my searching days are over. I'm not even going to say I'm waiting, cuz I'm not. I'm just going to go about my life, and hopefully stumble into whatever path I'm meant to be in...

No comments: