A moderatly well-written account of a 20-something Canadian woman's experiences in the world. Be warned...this could get personal.

Monday, February 18, 2008

On Being Too Pretty.


So I've been downloading a lot of CDs lately...gotta love being Canadian. Anyways, I downloaded the new State of Shock CD, and I must say it's pretty effing amazing. I like pretty much all the songs on the disc, which is fairly rare for me. For those of you not in the know, State of Shock is a Canadian rock band, and they are pretty fabulous. I first saw them perform when I went to see Hedley at the end of January. They were fabulous. Anyways, one of their songs is called "Too Pretty", and I dunno why, but I really like the lyrics....so I'm going to put em' down here.

Seven days and I'm still sick
I need you more than I'll admit
I'm drowning here in a fifth of gin
Now I'm hoping for the best
But not holding my breath

Was there something that I missed
Some sort of clue maybe a hint
Cause there's a lack of love that's on you lips
And I can see your face in my mirror
Hear you voice in my ear
You're everywhere but here

Maybe Baby You're Too Pretty for me
Maybe Baby You're playing hide and go seek
I'm hoping for the best
Cause you're so hard to get
I'm not holding my breath
Cause you're too pretty for me

All the days the love we made
Tell me it wasn't all just fake
I need to know cause my hearts at stake
Now I'm hoping for the best
But not holding my breath

And I can see your face in my mirror
Hear you voice in my ear
You're everywhere but here

Maybe Baby You're Too Pretty for me
Maybe Baby You're playing hide and go seek
I'm hoping for the best
Cause you're so hard to get
I'm not holding my breath
Cause you're too pretty for me

Now you had me at hello
And then you let me go
Now everyday I wait
Is spent in second place

And I can see your face
Too pretty for me
Hear you voice
Too pretty for me

Maybe Baby You're Too Pretty for me
Maybe Baby You're playing hide and go seek
I'm hoping for the best
Cause you're so hard to get
I'm not holding my breath
Cause you're too pretty for me

I know you, I know you lie
Cause you're too pretty for me

-----

On another note, I should admit that I had an epiphany this weekend. First and foremost, I reminded myself that I am out of this shit-hole in 19 days; that is, it was three weeks till my return on Saturday. What a relief. As such, I finally convinced myself to stop being a girl, and come to grips with the fact that I can't possibly get into anything remotely emotional in the remaining time I have left. As such, I am even more determined to just have a wicked awesome good time while I am still up here. That means that, should the opportunity continue to present itself, I will throw it down with M. Why the hell not?!

Which leads me to a status update; a throwdown will be had. Last night we had a few drunken text messages back and forth, which alluded to the fact that we wanted to rumble. At one point, he said that we should "booze" sometime this week. I responded by saying I was up for a boozing, since I want to have fun the rest of the semester. His reply? "I was talking more me and you having some drinks and then you know..."

Well now. That's not subtle. Ha ha ha! So, in keeping with my committment to having a rocking good time up here, for the next 19 days, I replied that I would be up for that throw down, and that he should lemme know when he wanted it to take place, and it would happen.

Think what you will of me, I'm working with what I got, and I'm doing whatever the hell I want to do. It's all in good fun. I've got 19 days to be crazy, and then I can look for serious.

Cheers!

No comments: