A moderatly well-written account of a 20-something Canadian woman's experiences in the world. Be warned...this could get personal.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

On HATE HATE HATING It Up Here

I am so frustrated right now. I mean, seriously, seriously pissed off. Obviously, this problem is multi-faceted. It involves my education, my friends, and of course BOYS. I feel I must stress the use of the word boys in this instance, over men, because I have yet to encounter a real man in Thunder Bay. I swear to god, all northern men are bloody immature. They're absolutly messed in the head. I'm not entirely sure what their problem is, but it is my experience that all northern men suffer from some sort of committment problem. The worst thing is, the committment problem goes further than dating; they can't even commit to good, steady casual encounters. Any sort of "steady" ANYTHING appears to be out of the question. Or at least that's what my friends and I have decided. Northern men are the kings of sleeping with a girl once or twice, and then never speaking to them again. It's bloody irritating, because I'm not a clingly chick by any means...and yet they make me FEEL like one by avoiding me like the plague after a few romps. It's freaking bizarre, and, as I said before, totally infuriating.

I am just soooo tired of this shit. I am tired of the drama, and I am tired of trying to play my cards juuuust right. I shouldn't have to walk on egg shells regarding casual encounters. I shouldn't have to walk on egg shells for ANY kind of encounter. I don't even want to walk on egg shells when I meet that final awesome guy (if I ever meet him). I'm just hoping that when I meet him, it will all just happen naturally, and I won't have to worry that my behaviour will be repulsive or whatever. Although, I've never really felt that I'm the repulsive type, since I am a pretty stand-up kinda girl. But...I've been through this shit again and again...and I won't repeat myself.

In fact, I feel kind of bad, constantly ranting about the same shit. It must get kind of tedious to read. My apologies...but this is my life. This is what goes through my head. Thrilling stuff, I know.

Anyways, school is also pissing me off. I am so fucking sick and tired of the Faculty of Education making me do these LAME assignments. They are totally pointless, and serve NO purpose whatsoever. Right now I am working on this stupid interdisciplinary unit plan...it's absolute bullshit. We were put into groups of four, and told to make a unit plan that shares a similar theme and encompasses similar expectations. Basically, we had to "assume" that our clases would contain all the same students, trying to get this covetted interdiscipinary credit. It's total bullshit, because it would never work in the real world. First of all, you would never see a group of students take 4 of the same courses. It doesn't work that way in high school...unless you're either at a very small school or a very LARGE school. Regardless, the average school couldn't pull of a unit like this. Second of all, the professor wanted the unit to be a week long. I'm sorry, but there are absolutly NO units that are JUST a week long. Units take 3 or more weeks to plow through, otherwise they are not units. They are lessons. What kind of an idiot doesn't know that?!

Anyways...there's a pretty wicked eclipse of the moon going on right now, so I'm gonna go watch that.

Cheers

No comments: