A moderatly well-written account of a 20-something Canadian woman's experiences in the world. Be warned...this could get personal.

Saturday, February 9, 2008

On Getting My Groove Back

This may come and bite me in the ass, in the end, but I think I can safely say I've got my groove back. I know this sounds corny, but I read my horoscope every day, and often I find that it comes true. As such, I usually put a lot of stock into what my horoscope tells me. So on Thursday, when it told me that I should take chances to meet a new group of friends, I went for it 100%. I had been debating for awhile whether or not I should go to the Outpost Thursday night, but after reading my horoscope I decided that I would take that leap, and head out. So I convinced Steph to come out, and then we headed to Todd, Attila and Adam's place to have some pre-bar bevy's. Then we all hit the bar. It was kind of lack-luster until around 12, when suddenly I saw my crush enter the bar. I did the totally girly thing, and I grabbed Steph and we giggled back and forth about what I should do. I was going to just walk up to him and ask him what he wanted to drink, but she told me not to be so forward. So instead, I went to the opposite end of the bar from where he was standing. Then I kind of tried that sexy-lean-over-the-bar thing, to catch the bartenders attention. I know M could see me, so I had to try to look as sexy as possible without making it obvious that I wanted him to look at me. He got his drink before I did, and then kinda disappeared into the crowd. A few minutes later I felt someone gently kick my heel, and when I turned around...guess who it was. You're right, my darings, it was M. So we proceeded to flirt it up and chat all night...he told me he wasn't a big dancer, so I made it my mission to get him on the floor. Eventually I did! He lead me into the middle of the throbbing crowd, and then he kissed me. I'm not a fan of public making out, so I kissed him back, but cut it off quickly....it was hard to do, but I did it! Then we kinda of danced some more, snuck in a few more covert kisses, and then the lights came on. This is the part of the night where I SHOULD have went home alone. Notice I said should, because I did not. Fortunatly for you, I'm not going to indulge what happened, but suffice it to say the night ended well.

He also asked me to come with him to a party last night, which I attended. It was also fun, but there was one moment of awkwardness. Remeber how a few weeks back I mentioned "hot English guy" from my class? Well he showed up mid-way through the party, and when he saw me he made a bee-line towards me. Turns out he's friends with M. I felt kind of awkward, cuz hot English guy kept giving me these coy smiles. Now, at this point I was pretty drunk, and a bunch of people were dancing in the living room. I also wanted to dance. I was kind of dancing on the spot, and talking with M and hot English guy. M noticed me kinda subtly getting my groove on, and he laughed and told hot English guy to dance with me, since he wasn't drunk enough to dance. Hot English guy was more than happy to do so....so he lead me into the living room, where we kinda busted a move. I was trying VERY hard not to make it look like I was super-grinding him, cuz I didn't want to be THAT girl. I also am not entirely sure what the boundaries are for myself and M. Anyways, hot English guy realllly was into it. He kept pulling me in really close, with his hand on the small of my back. He even started, at one point, to kind of rub my back. I was kind of freaking out, because he IS pretty effing hot....and if I hadn't been at the party with M (or if I didn't have a crush on M) I would have put on my game face. However, as I said, I wasn't into that, so I continued to try to distance ourselves. We danced for maybe half an hour, an then I saw M and disengaged myself from hot English guy and went over to him. He had his coat on, so I asked if we were leaving. "Yah, I think we're gonna go soon. You still wanna come with me, or you wanna go with ____?" He was totally joking, I could tell by his tone of voice, so I said, "Pfft, is that even a question? Of course I want to go with you, dear."
And so we left.

Anyways, last night M mentioned the possibility of watchin a movie tonight, so we shall see what goes down. I kinda hope he DOES call...cuz I wouldn't mind a nice movie night/making outs.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: